Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Camping In The Mountains

I've gone on many camping trips since high school. I have found it to be one of the most intense yet relieving experiences in my life. It became a lifestyle for me, a healthy escape, a place where I let the senses rise, and the emotions rest, as every scene you turn to lay your eyes on isn't asking anything from you; an invitation to breathe and remember that there is so much more to the problems we surround our whole world with. 

Camping allowed me to understand discomfort a lot better. In most nights I never really sleep comfortably, I don't remember a proper good night's rest in any of my trips, but I don't go camping to enjoy an impeccable night's rest, I go camping because despite it being different and more uncomfortable than laying in my bed with air conditioning, I find a different noise to sleep in, the sounds of wind brushing by and moving away like incoming rain. It often also sounds like distant cars at high speeds on the highway. The deafening silence, like your brain just sits down if it ever had a chair on your head, and weirdly, it expects anything to stimulate it, yet this soft expectation is soothing in a way; it's as if when you're in loud environments, you expect silence, but in a totally opposing way, when you're in dead quiet environments, you expect noise. 

I find the cold and the quiet the perfect pair for this charming experience. It is a nice mixture that just makes the place such a comforting scene. Also, being in the middle of ecosystems opens opportunities to see species you wouldn't commonly see in your daily life; it becomes a unique experience. In my case, I do a lot of birding; I like to watch and log as many species as I can, and this has upgraded my experience and how I engage with nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Camping In The Mountains

I've gone on many camping trips since high school. I have found it to be one of the most intense yet relieving experiences in my life. I...